Just a personal viewpoint and some advice. Sometimes these little awards can seem like a hassle because of the amount of work you have to do to respond and accept, but I think it is a very important aspect of Blogging and well worth the effort. It shows an appreciation for our art and allows us to share some of our favorite sources of prose, poetry, writing, and mad ramblings with others. It allows us to broaden our own horizon, and others in the community at the same time. I think one of my favorite parts of these dood-dads is rabbit-holing all of the nominations and linked Blogs in the chain. It has taken me to some amazing places I would not have visited otherwise… Anyway, just my two cents.
With that being said, I’ll post my nominees here. I will not be sending notifications to each one though, as most of them at some point will find their way here and discover it. I don’t want to put anyone in the position of feeling obligated or declining on their Blog… both events are rather uncomfortable for all parties involved. If I know you’re tickled pink about this sort of stuff, I may send you a quick note.
If you’re not OK with that when you consider nominating Ravemore’s Notes.. I fully understand. That will be the S.O.P though if you do… -Ravemore
The Versatile Blogger Award – Second Receipt
1. Thank the person nominating you.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other Blogs.
7 Things about myself.
1. I think women over 60 are extremely sexy.
2. I think Beagles are the most awesome dogs in the universe!
3. I avoid public bathrooms like the plague.
4. I love Brussel Sprouts.
5. I like McDonald’s French Fries better than Burger King.
6. I hate airports.
7. Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts.
15 Cool Blogs I have Nominated
12. Fabulous Realms
15. Book of eucalypt
This was a pleasant surprise. I had assumed that a blog like mine would be unlikely to receive a nomination, even from other pagans and craft practitioners due to the more dark pathways I tend to tread, and the dominance of Right Hand or Middle Road devotees in the blogosphere. I guess the old saying about what happens when you “assume” applies. Thanks again to Cassie over at Devil’s Advocate.
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word ” Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
4. You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
5. You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
Eleven Random Facts about me.
1. My eyes are hazel in color.
2. I hate snow.
3. I love practical jokes.
4. Gardening is one of my passions.
5. I cannot dance… my wife and kids laugh at me when they see me “getting my groove on.”
6. Videos like this make me roll around on the floor giggling like a little girl… CSI Video.
7. I love the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
8. Cabinet doors left open in the kitchen creep me out.
9. I talk baby talk to my pets when I think nobody is watching.
10. I am an exceptional cook. Emeril doesn’t have shit on me… 😉
11. I carry a legal concealed pistol with me whenever I’m away from the house.
Questions For me to answer.
1. What’s your favorite room at home?
Answer: The living room. I love lounging like a big couch potato while watching television and petting my beagle.
2. What fears have you overcome?
Answer: Christian Hell.
3. What is your idea of hell?
Answer: Public bathrooms.
4. What is your idea of paradise?
Answer: Pizza Hut.
5. What is your favorite possession?
Answer: My integrity.
6. Something you are proud of…?
Answer: My children.
7. What does the word “satanism” mean to you?
Answer: A philosophy and religion that frees one from deity constraints and puts one on a path to godhood or self actualization.
8. What is your favorite sport to watch or participate in?
Answer: Threesomes 😉
9. What is your favorite way to relax or pamper yourself?
Answer: Margaritas on the rocks.
10. Which causes or charities do you support?
Answer: United Way and the Salvation Army.
11. How are you feeling?
Eleven Questions for my nominees to answer.
1. Did you think I was going to make this easy for you? *Grins evilly*
2. If your airplane crashed on top of a mountain, half of the passengers survived, half of the passengers died, there was no food, and no rescue was imminent… What would you eat?
3. Do you think money can make you happy?
4. Have you ever seen a spirit?
5. If you were going to be burned at the stake and had one wish, what would it be?
6. What does “evil” mean to you?
7. Can “Good exist without “evil”?
8. If you were given a stick of underarm deodorant in your Christmas stocking, what would you do?
9. Are you a “dog person” or a “cat person”?
10. What is your passion?
11. Have you ever “passed gas” in public and blamed someone else?
*Chuckles* Anyone else can feel free to answer in the comments as well…
My Eleven Nominees.
I follow a lot of blogs, so this was very difficult. I wish I had 50 choices because I love reading the works in all of the blogs I list as being followed.
10. Harvest Liberty
11. Uncanny UK
I have neglected for too long the inclusion of this award on my award page. Its funny how you can develop a relationship with another person in the blogosphere without the other person knowing about it or participating in any other way then posting their thoughts and opinions. Both of Cassie’s blogs are frequently browsed and she makes me smile often. Thanks for this nomination Cassie.
Cassie created the “You-Nique” award. The emphasis is on the “YOU”, because nominating anyone for the award means you think they are interesting and important. Take a peek at her award page here: http://justcassie.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/you-nique-award/
There is only one rule with this award. Whoever you decide to pass it on to should ask YOU one question and you should try to answer it. I think I like this award even more because it is so simple from the perspective that there is only one question I can potentially be asked… but a little fearful because of the complexity and the depth of the answer that may be required from a well asked question…
Anyway… I nominate Darth Draconis at http://maleficusamore.wordpress.com/ Exposure to his material and related sites has opened up doors for me that I did not know on a conscious level existed before. His philosophy in many ways meshes with my own Left Hand Path and I have experienced personal growth through introspection and meditation on his Way. I am grateful for his work… Also, this will probably be one of my exceptions for notification. I’ll probably give him a gentle poke with a sharp stick.